Unforgettable Kuala Terengganu


Who will ever know my surfing trip to Kuala Terengganu will end up in a 3 days 2 nites in Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah, Batu Buruk. This is how the story started....

My journey to K.T started as early as 12am from KL....it was a rainy nite so our trip was rather slow and dull. Since there is only me & Joel this time travelling all the way up North to try out the Infamous Right Hander waves - Jetty Lama Merang!! The journey takes about 5 hours from KL.

Along our journey, i had stomachache so we had to stop few times for toilet sessions. Im just too lazy to describe to whole situation but upon reaching Batu Buruk, K.T. we stop at the beach for a nap. At about 7am, we woke up and the swell was rather small but the shape are really good. So Joel decided to go for a dip while i went back to Sleep!!!

At about 9am, i decided to head down to local clinic for my stomachache problem. My intention was to get medicine and move on to surf later on. ButTttt.....
When i got in the room, the doctor freak out when i told her i have stomachache. She insisted that i go to Government Hospital for treatment otherwise she will report POLICE?????
Stomachache is a CRIME??? Without realising, Kuala Terengganu actually have a COLERA OUTBREAK!! So any problem regarding stomach issue have to be admitted to Government Hospital.

So there i goes, i was forced to be admitted in the Government Hospital. According to the junior Doctor, i have to be admitted for 1 night to clarify that im "Negative" in Colera. For your information, Colera Outbreak only happen in Kuala Terengganu and the source is from water or food....but i havent even drink or eat anything from Kuala Terengganu!!!! So frustrated!!!
Level 8E was my ward and i was usher to my VIP bed with 58 other room mates. With both my hand on IV drips, i looks like im having a disease or something!!!
I was so sad that i have to stay here instead of surfing on the beach cos the hospital is only located in front of the Batu Buruk Beach. So eventually i can see the break from my ward!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha
So i gave Joel, JC and the rest of the Kuala Terengganu surfers know about my situation and apologise that i couldnt meet up with them. Anyway, it was a long long nite in the hospital. I was bored to death but lucky enough to have Ipod Touch from Joel so i can play some games.



Day 2- I was happy waiting for my results and callin up Joel regarding the swell. It is picking up and swell looks really nice. After waiting for few hours, the clock seems to move so slow...
At noon, i call up the nurse to check on my results. The answer is always " nanti saya check dgn doctor'. At about 3pm i asked again....,same answer again. Im getting frustrated again and try to ask again at about 6pm!!! I got the same answer!!! So i head up straight to the DOC....
HEY DOC, u guys promise 1 day results and thats why im here....otherwise i wont bother coming to the hospital. The best part, i didnt even go to toilet while im admitted!!! Most Positive Patient will go toilet 3-10 times a day and vomit too. I dont have any of the syndromes.
Then the Doc says' im so so sorry, there seems to be around 200 ppl admitted today so i guess we are slow on the results. Im sorry u have to stay another night!!!! I almost fainted!!! Another boring night in the hospital....

But this time, i move around and start to chat with other room mates. Since my ipod out of battery...so i start to find out about surfing in K.T. I ask most of the patient about where got possible surf break and met some new friends....
After dinner time, the security guard came in and Shouted "Ibrahim dari KL".."Ibrahim dari KL"
for at least 10 times moving around the ward..looking for Ibrahim!!! So some patient even help shouting and looking for "Ibrahim from KL". I was suprise as i thought im the only chinese and only guy from KL. After 2 minutes the security guard came in again, this time he shouted "BRYAN dari KL". Then everyone start laughing...Ibrahim atau Bryan??? Then the security start laughing so as the rest!!! It was actually for me!!! Joel, JC and the rest of the K.T surfing crews came to visit me....i was so happy to see the rest of the gang and chatted for a while. Im only allowed 10 minutes to chat wif them as im under quarantine and they are not allowed to see me.
I made my way through the guard. It was so sweet that the surfers came to visit...thank you guys!!

Day 3- My final day...i call up JC in the morning hoping that he can come pick me up as Joel already left to Chendor hoping for some better waves as K.T is full of rain and strong wind.
At 11 am, the nurse come to me and tell me im allowed to discharge cos im tested NEGATIVE!!!
YahOOooOooOo...finally my days in Hospital is over!!! Im so so happy!! At noon im already at the beach waiting to surf....

So for you guys who are travelling to East Coast, try to avoid Ice Cube, Keropok Lekor just for a short while. This is just a temporary outbreak........until then, dont want to hear any surfers got quarantine in Hospital for COLERA!! hahahaahh Peace.....


No comments:

Post a Comment